Pick Up Days:
- Mondays, 9 AM Trash & 1 PM Recycling
- Wednesdays, 9 AM – Yard Debris***
- Thursdays, 9 AM – Trash Only
- Large Item Pickup (appliances, mattresses, furniture) – Call (703) 818-8222
- Hazardous Items (paint,oil, batteries,computers/electronics) – Call (703) 818-8222
As of October 1, 2019, Fairfax County no longer accepts glass bottles and jars in the curbside recycling program. Residents should reuse glass containers or bring them to purple, glass-only recycling containers located throughout the region. If this is not possible, glass should be placed in the trash.
The closet one is at the Reston South Park and Ride: 2531 Reston Pkwy, Herndon, VA 20191
Yard debris (grass clippings, leaves, branches, shrubs, etc.) is collected on Wednesdays only. Yard debris must be bagged and placed curbside. If branches cannot be bagged, they must be trimmed to less than four feet in length and tied in bundles.
Due to Fairfax County’s regulatory change regarding yard waste in plastic bags, effective April 1, 2021, Republic Services will no longer service any yard waste contained in a plastic bag. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Questions regarding this change can be made to Fairfax County’s Solid Waste Management Program at 703-324-5230 or their website www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpwes.
- Flatten all cardboard
- Plastic wrap/bags are not recycled (bring to grocery store)
- You may co-mingle all items
- Pizza boxes (and similar) are not recycled
- Branches must be bagged/binned and smaller than four feet in length
- All trash must be in covered bins or heavy duty black trash bags
- No bins or trash should be placed on grass
DON’T PLACE YOUR TRASH/RECYCLING/YARD WASTE CURBSIDE PRIOR TO SUN DOWN OR 6:00 PM (which- ever is earlier) THE NIGHT BEFORE THE SCHEDULED COLLECTION DAY!
All trash must be in containers or in heavy duty black trash bags (available at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe’s and many other businesses). Bags not in containers or heavy duty trash bags could be damaged by animals and leave trash/recycling throughout the community. All recycling must be in a secured container. Recycling not secured could be blown throughout the community.
When your trash and recycling are not curbside for collection, the containers should be stored out of public view in the rear yard. Trash and recycling containers are not permitted to be stored on the front porch, side yard or behind bushes (front or side).
Holidays:All scheduled pickups will occur on holidays except for New Year’s Day,Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.
See Trash Pickup Holiday Schedule under Useful Information.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Sarah Helander by phone at 703-437-5800 or by email at email@example.com.
Powered by Facebook Comments