If you are a homeowner in the Ridgewood Cluster (your address is XXXXX Great Owl Circle), then there a few things you need to know when it comes to selling your home.
- Contact TWC to obtain an official copy of the “Ridgewood Cluster Documents” and the “Cluster Disclosure Packet”. Your agent can do this. There is a fee for this service charged directly by TWC.
- Contact RA for the “Reston Packet & Information”. Again, your agent will have experience doing this too and RA may charge a fee.
- Ensure that your property does not have a lien or unpaid assessment. Unpaid assessments may affect your ability to sell your home. Contact TWC for a current account balance.
- Ensure that your property is not violating any covenants. Reston will inspect your property automatically and issue necessary citations. There are many things that can result in a violation, including but not limited to: incorrect paint color, incorrect desk stain, incorrect fence stain, above ground drain pipes, damaged wood porch/siding, visible satellite dish from street, improper visible cabling, improper landscaping, incorrect light fixtures and more.
- Sell your home! Good luck! Remember that at any time, there may be a number of your neighbors selling their homes too. Please remember to obey all trash rules (leave out after sunset only). Also, make sure that your prospective buyers park in visitors spots or your own spots – respect your neighbor’s spaces. Signs may only be posted on your lawn (not on the curb’s grassy areas or in common areas). No other signs may be posted in the cluster, circle or pipe stem, except for “Open House” signs, which must only be placed out the day of the event and removed the same day.
Powered by Facebook Comments