Selling Your Home?
When selling your home in the Ridgewood Cluster Association, you must obtain Ridgewood Cluster Association and Reston Association resale certificates (formerly known as resale disclosure documents). Valid for one year, the resale certificates contain standard disclosures made pursuant to Section 55.1-2310 of the Resale Disclosure Act in the Code of Virginia. The Ridgewood Cluster Association resale certificate also includes any information about pertinent design or maintenance violations recorded by association staff inspecting the exterior of your property.
Under Virginia law, only the owner or his/her authorized agent (such as a realtor) may purchase and receive a resale certificate.
Please follow the steps below when selling your home:
1. Go to www.homewisedocs.com to order the Ridgewood Cluster Association resale certificate. Order the resale certificate before listing your home so you can address any issues that could delay a sale.
2. Go to https://www.reston.org/property-owner-resources to order the Reston Association resale certificate.
3. Ensure that your property does not have a lien or unpaid assessment. Contact the TWC Association Manager for a current account balance.
4. The Reston Association will inspect your property automatically and issue any necessary citations. Ensure that your property is not violating any Ridgewood or Reston Association covenants such as incorrect paint colors, incorrect deck or fence stain, damaged wood porch/siding, visible satellite dish from street, incorrect light fixtures, etc.
5. Good luck with your sale! Remember:
- Post-mounted signs (For Sale, Under Contract, etc.) are allowed only on your lawn.
- Have prospective buyers park in visitors’ spaces or your designated spaces.
- Remove Open House signs in common areas of the cluster by the end of the day of the Open House.