Trash and Recycling
Pick Up Days:
- Mondays, 6:30 AM trash & 1 PM recycling
- Wednesdays, 9 AM – yard debris only (no yard debris pickup December 26-February 28)
- Thursdays, 1 PM – trash only
- All scheduled pickups will occur on holidays except for New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. For these holidays, pickup is generally delayed by one day.
DO NOT PLACE TRASH/RECYCLING/YARD WASTE CURBSIDE PRIOR TO SUNDOWN OR 6:00 PM (whichever is earlier) THE NIGHT BEFORE THE SCHEDULED COLLECTION DAY. DO NOT PLACE CONTAINERS ON GRASS.
All trash must be in containers or heavy-duty black trash bags capable of withstanding normal climactic conditions and scavenging animals.
When trash and recycling containers are not curbside for collection, they must be stored out of view in the rear yard. Trash and recycling containers may not be stored on the front porch, side yard or behind bushes (front or side).
All recycling must be in a secured container. Be aware of windy conditions which will blow unsecured recycling around the community. Replacement recycling bins are available from Republic Services at 703.818.8222.
A Note About Glass: Fairfax County no longer accepts glass in curbside recycling. Please bring your rinsed glass bottles and jars to the purple bins located throughout the county. The closest bin to Ridgewood is located at Baron Cameron Park. For details, visit the County web site.
OK to Recycle Curbside
- Plastic jugs and bottles (lids on)
- Metal food and beverage cans
- Paper cartons
- Mixed paper and flattened cardboard (no pizza boxes)
Never Recycle Curbside
- Plastic bags, wrap, film and pillow packaging (i.e., in Amazon boxes)
- Food bags and wrappers
- Needles and medical waste
- Shredded paper
- Mixed packaging (plastic and cardboard containers)
- Hangers, hoses and cables
- Foam and plastic take-out cups and containers
- Pizza boxes
For more information about what can and cannot be recycled curbside or about specialty recycling elsewhere, visit the County web site.
Yard debris (grass clippings, leaves, branches, shrubs, etc.) is collected on Wednesdays only. Yard debris must be contained in paper bags and placed curbside. Debris in plastic bags will not be collected due to Fairfax County rules. If branches cannot be bagged, trim to less than four feet in length and tie in bundles.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the TWC Association Manager.